Thursday, February 05, 2009

No More Ear Infection...

Well Colby is over his ear infection. We still have to find out if they are good with his surgery date, but it seems like they will be. Getting his surgery cleared through Tricare (our insurance) was a nightmare. It boggles the mind, but at least it's done now. On a different note, I started going to the gym the last two days. Ran 2 miles yesterday and 3 miles today. For those that know me recently, not when I was a kid, that is way out of the norm. I feel so much better. I've had such an aversion to running the last few years and I really don't know why. It seems like all I did as a kid was run. Anyway, hopefully I can keep it up. I won't leave Colby while he is in the PICU. I couldn't last time and I don't plan on it this time. Once he is in the CICC and doing well I will check out the gym in the hotel and maybe work out with the Marine ROTC on campus. Actually, let's just hope for a short hospital stay and then it won't matter. Last time was such a long drawn out nightmare that I guess that is how I think about that place. This time will be different and he will be a champ and get recovered quickly!

No comments: